Both Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge come with super AMOLED displays that consume very less power if all black color is used. Samsung is in fact using this technology for displaying useful information when the phone is locked. That said, you can save a lot of battery life if you use the all black theme on your S7 Edge and regular Galaxy S7.
This Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge all black theme is made available for folks at xda developers and we must say it is a great effort. It looks the best if you have black models of either phone and it blends with the display’s edges.
This theme not only makes the home screen theme black and but also applies black theme to these apps. You require Stock or Custom Lollipop 5.1.1 or Marshmallow 6.0.1 ROMs with Samsung Theme Store enabled.
- Home Screen
- Lock Screen
- Theme Store
- AOD [Always On]
- Applications Edge
- Task Edge
- Overall System
Installation instructions for rooted instructions:
- Open your File Manager and navigate to /data/overlays folder
- If you see a folder named /data/overlays/preferences, delete it
- navigate further to /data/overlays/jsonfiles/trialjson folder
- Cut the org.AllBacksBlack.MM.json file
- Paste the above file into /data/overlays/jsonfiles/userjson folder
If you are a non rooted user, follow these instructions:
- Install Package Disabler Pro
- Activate AllBacksBlack as a trial theme on Theme Store
- With Package Disabler Pro disable Theme Store and Theme Center as seen in this screenshot.